Sept. 18th, 7 p.m., Quenching San Diego’s Thirst in the 1930s:

The Removal of the Los Conejos and Capitan Grande Indians
and the Construction of Capitan Grande Reservoir

Our guest speaker for Sept. 18th OBHS meeting will be Richard L. Carrico who will talk about the history of San Diego’s water supply.
Since the time of the Franciscan priests, and construction of Padre Dam in what is now Mission Gorge, settlers sought to impound water in the semi-arid environment to slake the thirst of a growing population. Needing more water to serve the city of San Diego, officials began a search in 1915 to find a location for a new large dam. Copies of this award winning book will be available for purchase at the OBHS General Meeting.